The target group of the project is abused children and the main objective of the project is to ensure child-friendly justice, in accordance with international legislation and EU, Council of Europe and UN guidelines, and to improve inter-institutional cooperation in the procedures for dealing with abused children, in accordance with the Barnahus (Children's House) model.
Specific objectives of the project:
- to establish a location or premises for the comprehensive treatment of children, in line with the Barnahus model, and to ensure effective inter-institutional cooperation and services for the professional treatment of child victims of crime;
- to establish a network of trained experts and multidisciplinary teams;
- to establish cooperation and facilitate the transfer of knowledge and experience in the treatment of child victims and witnesses of crime;
- to improve access to assistance for child victims of crime;
- to raise awareness among professionals, institutions and the general public of the problem of dealing with abused children.
The main objectives of the project:
- to ensure a child-friendly justice system, in line with European guidelines;
- to contribute to the faster integrated treatment of children and avoid the secondary victimisation of children;
- to contribute to good governance and better inter-institutional cooperation in the processes and procedures for dealing with child victims of crime;
- to contribute to respect for and implementation of international conventions and directives on children's rights and the fight against child sexual abuse.